Saturday, July 30, 2011

How Do You Stay At The Top Of Your Game?

Where do you get your ideas? What is the best way for you to be creative? Sometimes, creative professionals live in a world that competes directly with their best interests.

Necessity forces me to spend between 10 to 12 hours in front of a computer some days. Don’t get me wrong, I love what I do, and feel privileged to do it. Spending long amounts of time in front of the computer can drain your creativity, however. Business ideas, creative ideas can suffer.

Sometimes, my best ideas for work come in regenerating. I try to find time to spend with friends and family. I try to spend as much time as possible enjoying the summer weather. Maybe take a nice day trip, or short get away.

Bikerides, walks, runs, working out. You’d be surprised how many ideas come when you have a little time to think. An elevated heart rate due to exercise can work miracles.

Sometimes I need to take more constant breaks when I work. Get up, walk away from the computer and come back.

I’m curious what other people do. What do you do in your off time? How do you regenerate?

No comments:

Post a Comment