Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Organize Your Brain


When inspiration strikes, are you prepared? Have you ever had a good idea and nowhere to file it away?

I recently discovered the benefits of the app, Evernote.

It is a good way to make sure there’s one central location for you to keep an electronic filing cabinet. You can create an unlimited amount of notes, and modify them as you see fit. You can use type, audio and photos. It’s an excellent way to keep track of the things you have going on.

There could be a little more functionality with this app, however. You can’t combine mediums in any one note. If it’s a written note, there’s no photos. If it’s a photo note, there’s no words, etc…

You can use this app to organize the random thoughts that pop into your head. You can use it to keep a grocery list. You can write blog notes. I just began using this app to keep me a little more sane. It’s a great tool for those who think about things at inopportune times.

For example, I’m at a bar with friends when the perfect phrasing for a writing project I’m working on comes into my brain. The next morning, I’m working on the writing project, and the perfect thing to say to my friends pops in. There are a lot of times I operate backwards like that. I use this app to help me keep track of things…

Have you found a good application for Evernote? I’d like to hear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment